I have been nominated by Karunya, who runs the blog Million Dreams, for the Mystery Blogger Award. For those of you who don’t know, the Mystery Blogger Award has been created by Okoto Enigma ‘to help bloggers discover other bloggers who discover recognition‘ to help ‘create a friendly community and build a link between bloggers in the blogosphere‘.
In Okoto Enigma’s words, ‘“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.’
Anyone who has read my blog knows that I am very passionate about creating and being a part of a community where we can help artists get the recognition they deserve for doing something they’re passionate about and it is an honour to have been nominated for this award. It is an even bigger honour to have been nominated for this award alongside my best friend, Anupriya, who runs the blog Amour Infini. Thank you so much for considering us worthy of this award, Karunya. We are beyond excited!
RULES FOR ACCEPTING THIS AWARD:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention Okoto Enigma, the creator of this award.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer the 5 questions you’ve been asked.
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers.
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 new questions of your choice.
- Share the link to your best post.
Dearest Karunya, I still remember the day you reached out to me saying that my blog was what inspired you to start one of your own. You have always been supportive and you make it a point to always appreciate the art I put out there. So, to have been nominated by you is an honour in itself. Thank you so much for nominating me for this award!
THREE THINGS ABOUT ME:
- I love to learn new things.
- I’d like to think that if I wasn’t writing, I’d have an art gallery of my own instead.
- I love watching shows/ movies that are in languages that I am yet to learn because it’s good motivation to learn more.
MY ANSWERS TO KARUNYA’S QUESTIONS:
1. What is your weakness?
I spend way too much of my patience on things that don’t deserve it, so when it comes to situations where I really need to be thinking straight, I lash out. But I’m working on that.
2. If you could only buy 3 things, what would they be?
I already spend most of my money on stationery and books. But if I had to add one more thing to the list, it would probably be a ticket to go visit my best friend. I miss her so much.
3. What’s the one song that actually gets you?
Currently, it’s ‘the lakes‘ by Taylor Swift, from ‘folklore‘. There’s just something very comforting about wanting to run away to a secluded place, with your muse in tow, to work on your art and let yourself feel everything you want to in peace, with nobody to bother you for miles. It’s something that I’d like very much.
4. If you’re given the chance to be one person, who would you like to be?
I would like to be myself, but if I can help it, a better version of myself. Then again, life is all about growth and the growing pains, so I wouldn’t want to miss out on the growth either. I’m happy with who I am right now.
5. How has the pandemic changed your life?
Here’s what we need to realize: the pandemic isn’t a vacation. It’s not a chance to discover yourself. It’s not something to romanticize with pretty ideas such as ‘more family time’ or ‘the chance to catch up on things we missed out on’. I don’t really go out that much, so I don’t really think it has changed my life. I still have the same 24 hours I used to have before. I just don’t get to go to the seaside now or call my best friend over, so that’s sad. That being said, I am trying to learn new things as long as I’m still at home. I get that my experience can’t ever be the same as anybody else’s, but personally, I don’t really see a big change in my life.
MY BEST POST:
This one is just so hard to pick because I love everything I put out here. But if I had to pick, I’d pick ‘An Open Letter to Parents Everywhere‘!
BLOGGERS I WANT TO NOMINATE:
Please make sure you check out their blogs! They all have amazing and unique takes and content and I admire all of these bloggers with all my heart.
- Kittu’s Modern Mixtape by Kriti Singh Chauhan
- PiecefulProse by Valencia Aguiar
- Besondersite by Prerna
- Musings of a Med Student by Shruti
- AestheticGraphy by Riya Rajayyan
- Hearts and Minds by thegirlwithapuzzledmind
- Aditi Mehta
- Flipping Memories by SriCharita
- Wild Scared Crazy by Shreya Joshi
MY QUESTIONS TO MY NOMINEES:
- What’s one thing you know now that you wish you knew a year ago?
- At this very moment, what are you grateful for?
- What is your take on artists struggling for reach on social media?
- What sets your soul on fire?
- Without asking your closest circle, what are your best qualities?
Thank you, once again, Karunya, for nominating me for this award. I will keep doing my best to try creating and being a part of a community where art keeps getting the recognition it deserves. To all my nominees, you, as a part of the blogosphere and as a part of the art community, are important and I want you all to know that your words matter. Your art matters. You matter.
The Shubhster. Xx