For those of you who are still new to the blogging community, or are unaware of what this is about, the Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by fellow bloggers to inspire positivity and creativity in the bloggerverse.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link their blog.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and give them a list of 11 new questions, and link their respective blogs.
First of all, I am stoked to receive this nomination for the second time during my journey in blogging. Although I have only begun to write more consistently in the last year, it is a pretty big deal to be recognized by your fellow bloggers and to be nominated for awards. So, thank you so much, Era, for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! It means a lot to me. That being said, THE HIDDEN SOUL by Era is a beautiful site full of very motivational work, so I urge all of my readers to go check it out. We could always use more motivation and positivity in our lives.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
1. Do you think your name is cute?
Absolutely. I am pretty attached to my name, and it also shows in the way that my name is quite literally a part of my site. I did go through a phase when I didn’t like it because people around me couldn’t pronounce ‘Shubhangi’ properly, but as I grew up, I realized that it’s a huge part of me and I should own it.
2. If you had the chance to name yourself, what name would you choose and why?
If at all I had the chance to name myself, I would probably go for the name ‘Ashwini’ because that’s also the name of my birth-star. But I’m 100% sure that I don’t want to part with my original name at any point.
3. Do you have any hobbies other than writing?
I do! I love photography, as you can see on my Instagram right here. I love art, so I paint and sketch a lot, whenever I’m feeling inspired. I read a lot, because I think that the more I read, the better I can be at writing. I’m also currently learning how to play the guitar, so we’ll see how that goes!
4. Be it from books or movies, if given the chance, which character’s life would you choose to live and why?
This is so hard because I draw inspiration for my actual life from multiple fictional characters. But I think I most relate to Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. It may seem like a very cliché answer, but I think that Elizabeth is a very admirable character to look up to. There is a lot of growth there and the realistic portrayal makes it even better.
5. If you have a job now, are you happy with it? If you could change it now, which one would you choose?
I actually quit my job to focus on writing more because I felt like I couldn’t focus on my creative writing if I got too comfortable with academic writing, and honestly, I haven’t regretted that decision.
6. Do you like to cook?
That’s probably a grey area for me. I can cook well when I am really in the zone for it, but otherwise, I don’t really get around to it.
7. What is your Zodiac sign?
I’m a Libran, Aries moon and Aries rising.
8. Do you believe in the predictions made for your Zodiac sign?
They are accurate most of the time, surprisingly. But I also firmly believe that I can change the story if I work hard enough for it.
9. Are you proud and satisfied with the progress your blog has made so far?
I am very proud and satisfied with the progress I’ve made on this blog. But I would definitely like to see it grow more in the near future. The hard work really paid off.
10. What’s the most useless piece of knowledge you have?
Honestly? Most of whatever I learnt in math. I really don’t know what to make of all those formulae. I don’t think I’ll ever figure out why I gave myself a hard time over something I clearly have no use for right now.
11. What is your favourite work on your blog? Leave a link so everyone can know:
I think that ‘An Open Letter to Parents Everywhere‘ is one of my favourite works ever. I wrote the article in collaboration with a bunch of my friends and the response that it received really hit me hard. I think the fact that it hit most people close to home is what makes it an important post. I also really love the recent poems that I have written because, personally, I think they’re some of my best works. So you can check them out here.
I would like to nominate these bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
Do make sure that you go check out their work and show them your appreciation!
2. Life Lessons by Judy Dykstra-Brown
3. Chester Maynes
4. Still In Motion by Nyarazdo D. Muchena
5. Source of Inspiration by Pat Cegan
6. Perspectives on Life, the Universe and Everything by AB
7. nature has no boss by Mike and Christy
8. Eddie Two Hawks
9. Healing through Words by Kriti B
10. The Sparkling Words
My 11 questions for the bloggers I have nominated are:
1. What’s your earliest/ most favourite memory of writing?
2. What are you most looking forward to, at the moment?
3. When are you most in tune with yourself?
4. What do you think you need more of right now?
5. Do you maintain a journal and why?
6. If a shooting star passed you by right now, what would you wish for and why?
7. Describe yourself in one word.
8. What element (air, fire, water, earth) do you think represents you best and why?
9. What or who lights you up?
10. Where do you draw your inspiration from?
11. Are you happy right now?
So, that’s me and my questions for everyone! I would love to read your responses for my questions, too. Thank you once again, Era, for this nomination! It really means a lot to me to have been nominated by a writer as wonderful as you.
The Shubhster! Xx