It’s a beautiful day and what makes it even more beautiful is the fact that I have been nominated for the Outstanding Blogger Award by my best friend, Kriti from Kittu’s Modern Mixtape, and I have been nominated alongside another one of my best friends, Anupriya from Amour Infini. Here’s to growing and reaching new heights, and still being by each other’s sides. Thank you so much for the nomination, Kriti; I am beyond honoured to receive this one from an incredibly talented writer such as you!
This award was originally created by Colton Beckwith. Thank you so much for coming up with this wonderful initiative for the blogger community!
RULES FOR ACCEPTING THE NOMINATION:
- Provide a link to the creator’s original award post. (Very important step; see why in step 5.)
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 new bloggers. (Neither the creator of this award, nor the blogger who nominated you should be nominated.)
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original award post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award.
MY ANSWER’S TO KRITI’S QUESTIONS:
1. This year has been hard for all of us. What were some of the good things that came out of it for you?
The best thing to come out of this year is more of an answer that a lot of us usually look for. This year has taught me that we can overcome even the biggest of adversities as long as we stick together. A lot of us aren’t in a good place right now, whether it’s mentally, emotionally or physically. But, as long as we’re trying to help each other out, as long as we still care about the world around us, maybe it’s not such a bad thing to weather the storm together, after all. We’ve made it out of worse and we can do it again.
2. If your life was a biopic, what would the name of the film be?
I’d like to think that the name of my biopic would be ‘Phases of the Moon’ because my life so far has been all about change, growth, ups and downs, and a whole lot of learning, unlearning and trying to be better than I was yesterday. Just as the moon has distinct phases that go hand-in-hand in a very subtle manner, I know all of my exact waxing and waning moments. So, I think it would be pretty apt.
3. Rank your top 5 favourite songs of October.
Wonder by Shawn Mendes definitely takes the first place here. The vibe is definitely one that I would like to physically drown myself in. Right from the beginning, the song latches on to you. I think it’s very different from his usual music and that makes this song different from the rest.
self crucify by Bea Miller is also one of my favourite comfort songs from this month because it’s a reminder that bad things happen, but it’s important to not blame ourselves for absolutely everything. The song is a lesson in self-love and it’s a beautiful message to everyone out there who is going through things they can’t really talk about.
I may be biased here because this album, Cherry Blossom by The Vamps was released on my birthday, but their song Treading Water comes third here because it’s all about trying to let go and trying to be happy after you’ve been hurt one too many times. It’s about when you realize that you’ve been pushing everyone away because you’re afraid of being hurt and I can relate to it at this moment, so this definitely makes the list for me.
The next one here is Ghosting by TXT that Kriti suggested I listen a couple of days back. It definitely is one of my favourites from this month because of the whole nostalgic vibe to the song. I haven’t heard music like this in a very, very long time and it just made me feel like I was back when times were easier. A must listen.
Guess I’m a Liar by Sofia Carson is another favourite from this month. This song is all about thinking that you can’t go on without certain people in your life and then realizing that you were doing just fine without them before they came along and that you’re much better off without them, too. It’s a good reminder that you need to be kinder to yourself and know your self-worth.
4. Link your best work (could be anything you’ve done/ written: post, story, poem, artwork, photography).
This is the one I am the most proud of, for some weird reason. It’s also the most magical artwork that I have made so far, so it’s definitely this one.
5. Everybody has a comfort food. How do you cook yours? Reveal the recipe for your readers to try out.
I don’t really have a particular comfort food, but if I had to pick one, it would be cookie dough. This is the recipe that I follow to make cookie dough whenever I feel like I need a pick-me-up. You can read it here.
6. What brings you instant gratification?
Being known for my art. The feeling is something I cannot even describe. When people reach out to me to tell me that they like my work or that they have noticed the amount of details that my work has, I feel as though all the hours that I’ve put into making it are worth the pain. Being known for something that you create that will last forever is just the best thing in the world to me.
7. Quick prompt: Write a 4-6 line poem or a 200-words excerpt on anything that is around you right now.
“A thousand stories in a single case
Stare back at me as I look on,
Wondering what land I’ll visit today,
What journey I’ll go on.
So when I leave, don’t call me back,
And if I lose myself, just let me be.”
Just a little something I wrote about my book cabinet!
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES:
- What will you be leaving behind this year?
- What is it like being you, at this very moment?
- What is the best gift that you have ever been given?
- What is your comfort song?
- What is your idea of Heaven and Hell?
- What are you the most proud of?
- What are your thoughts about unlearning?
I FURTHER NOMINATE:
- The Sparkling Words
- Saloni Mallick
- Outlining Magic
- What Are You Up To During The Lockdown?
- November Winter
- Frame of Soul
- Glitter in my Thoughts
- Miss Dimple.com
- Where the Inspiration Lies.
Congratulations to all the nominees, and thank you so much for nominating me for this award, Kriti! This truly means a lot to me. I can’t wait to read your answers to my questions!
The Shubhster. Xx